Vision: Encourage cultural appreciation on campus through a one-night cultural dance event that showcased traditional dances from several different countries.
Community need: The Pittsburgh community may lack cultural awareness of a variety of different cultures present and active in the community itself.
Impact: An audience of 115 people enjoyed and were enriched by 21 short cultural performances by 85 dancers representing 9 distinct cultures: United States, Chinese, Indian, Ukrainian, Syrian, Greek, Latin American, Thai, and Filipino.
- Marketing Checklist
- Group Email
- Film/Photography Consent Form
- Marketing Letter
- Event Script & Schedule
- Insights | Event Checklist
Skill Building Resources
- Planning Meetings
- Effective Communication
- Conflict Resolution
- Identifying an Issue
- Developing a Vision Statement
- Conducting a Resource Analysis
Other Cultural Performance Ideas
- Tiffany Tupper (2009, Chatham), Amal El-Ghazaly (2009, CMU), and Emily Ferris (2009, CMU) synthesized their experiences in Egypt and Lebanon to create "MENA Day," a celebration of the diverse cultures in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region with a focus on the plight of refugees.
- Alexis Manino(Pitt-Oakland, Italy, Environment)
- Natalie Vazquez(Chatham, Spain, Arts, and Culture)
- Jillian Gross (Duquesne, Costa Rica, Children, Youth, and Family)
- Tiffany Grossi(Pitt-Oakland, Spain, Education)
- Shelby Sharpnack(Duquesne, Antilles, Environment)
- Christine Hedden(CMU, Ireland, Arts, and Culture)