- Workshop - FITTsburgh Shares
- Vision: Raise awareness of healthy living, female empowerment, and global health issues among children through physical activity.
- Community Need: The CEE team identified that Hazelwood YMCA lacked age-appropriate sporting equipment for their facilities and children generally were not aware of healthy living practices. Therefore, the team organized a gently-used sporting equipment drive in order to empower underprivileged young women through sports in the Greater Pittsburgh community.
- Impact: The CEE team presented the donations to Hazelwood YMCA where they organized a day of interactive sporting activities for local children.
Skill Building Resources
Other Fair Ideas
- Angela Taurino (2009, Arcadia) drew on her experience in Costa Rica to create "College Bound 101," a program for students in Philadelphia who faced limited options in pursuing a college degree.
Team Members (left to right)
- Charisse Skinner (Duquesne, Costa Rica, Education)
- Brie Latimore (Pitt Oakland, Costa Rica, Children, Youth, and Families)
- Courtney Jones (Pitt Oakland, South Africa, Education)
- Laura Buccigrossi (Pitt Oakland, South Africa, Children, Youth, and Families)
- Kristin Lee (Pitt Oakland, Dominican Republic, Children, Youth, and Families)