Prior to beginning your VIH application, there are several things that you should do to strengthen your application. Review these recommendations frequently in the time leading up to the application deadline and beyond.
- Research where you would like to study abroad. It is recommended you consider programs through third-party providers, exchange programs, and programs provided by your home institution. For a list of third party providers approved by your home institution, email your campus coordinator.
- Meet with a study abroad advisor to discuss possible programs.
- Meet with a Mentor to discuss goals
- Review your institution's study abroad policies
- Obtain a Passport and Visa if necessary
- Sign up for the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program